JQuery Tabs WebPart for SharePoint 2010

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Is the JQuery Tabs WebPart available for SharePoint 2010?

Aug 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I have converetd the project to 2010 and uploaded it to: http://sdrv.ms/MYP7ZX.

Following are a couple of notes:

• I have refactored original use of resources and deployed images, css etc. to layouts folder. For my purposes, this is the more “standard” approach for shared files across site collections
  • I have changed one style element “.ui-widget-content” to only have a border bottom. This is because a key factor for me was that the tabs should have a border that encloses all the web parts and this is best implemented by applying “border only” chrome to tab web part. The styling change avoids double-borders in tab header when applying the chrome.
  • There is a section of code where the original author adds a float:left to tab content for IE. I have since removed this as it prevents web parts from filling the width of the tab and I have not found it necessary in IE8 or IE9. It is still in the code attached so you will need to comment it yourself if you want to.
  • Note that this version does not have my fix yet for the serialising properties to allow for saving as part of a site definition. This is because I haven’t had chance to apply my updates just yet (need to copy it from a client implementation) and because I would need to document the implications in site definitions (need to remove some GUIDs SharePoint creates).

Hope this helps.

Steve

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Hi Steve, can you please post a *.wsp file? is that possible? Thanks a lot!!

Martin

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM

This is pretty awesome - way better than the more primitive standard "EasyTabs"...

I am new to jQuery, and I have seen many snippets to add an "auptoplay" function, but I cannot figure out how to do it.  Would it be possible to add this functionality to your solution and repost it, or point me to some instructions on how to accomplish this?