Great web part. Converted to 2010

May 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Just wanted to say this is by far the best tab web part implementation I have looked at for SharePoint - well done.

I have gone ahead and converted it to a 2010 feature and it works perfectly, meeting our requirement precisely. Happy to share the conversion if anyone needs it.

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hi Jefferson,

Could you kindly share with everyone how to convert this webpart for SharePoint 2010 and if possible also provide the .wsp file of the converted webpart that you have.

Thanks,

Bilal

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Hi bilalamjad,

Not really sure the best method to post code. I do not want to take credit for someone elses code by posting it to my own blogg and unsure whether it is approriate (or possible) to upload code here. Perhaps the author can give some direction?

Happy to e-mail source to anyone who needs it. The conversion was relatively easy, with a couple of additional modifications. I have also noticed that there is an issue with the web part if you try using it in a site template - it will not retain the tabs or the web parts associated with them. I have updated the code to serialise properties so that these settings are retained.

Regards,

Steve

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I would like the source of the 2010 web part.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hi Steve,

Personally I think you could do a post about "How to convert this webpart for SharePoint 2010" on your blog and in that post give credit to the author who has created the webpart originally. I think the author hasn't been around for some time otherwise he would have converted the webpart for SharePoint 2010 himself.

Could you please email me the source at (bilal dot amjad at creativestudios dot biz), i've got a project deadline coming up and i need this in my project. At the moment i've embedded jquery tabs in a webpart page with a custom layout but it would be nice to give some control to the user through the webpart properties of this webpart.

Thanks,

Bilal

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Hi Bilal,

Will look into your suggestion re hosting on my blog, thanks J.

Attached is zip file and following are a couple of notes:

I have refactored original use of resources and deployed images, css etc. to layouts folder. This is because it is, in my opinion, more “standard” approach for shared files across site collections

I have changed one style element “.ui-widget-content” to only have a border bottom. This is because a key factor for me was that the tabs should have a border that encloses all the web parts and this is best implemented by applying “border only” chrome to tab web part. The styling change avoids double-borders in tab header when applying the chrome.

There is a section of code where the original author adds a float:left to tab content for IE. I have since removed this as it prevents web parts from filling the width of the tab and I have not found it necessary in IE8 or IE9. It is still in the code attached so you will need to comment it yourself if you want to.

Note that this version does not have my fix yet for the serialising properties to allow for saving as a site definition. This is because I haven’t had chance to apply my updates just yet (need to copy it from a client implementation) and because I would need to document the implications in site definitions (need to remove some GUIDs SharePoint creates).

Anyway, hope this is useful for you – I have found it all works really well and our client is delighted.

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:14
To: Steve Jeffery
Subject: Re: Great web part. Converted to 2010 [jquerytabswebpart:356730]

Hi Steve,

Personally I think you could do a post about "How to convert this webpart for SharePoint 2010" on your blog and in that post give credit to the author who has created the webpart originally. I think the author hasn't been around for some time otherwise he would have converted the webpart for SharePoint 2010 himself.

Could you please email me the source at (bilal dot amjad at creativestudios dot biz), i've got a project deadline coming up and i need this in my project. At the moment i've embedded jquery tabs in a webpart page with a custom layout but it would be nice to give some control to the user through the webpart properties of this webpart.

Thanks,

Bilal

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I see no attachment :(

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

That’s strange, I definitely attached it! No bounce back as far as I can see. I will send again separately.

Hope it comes through, otherwise let me know.

Regards,

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:24

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Trying again with attachment.

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:24

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Still only can see your post, or are attachment placed elswhere?

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Maybe you could email the source to me?

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

No problem – can you confirm your e-mail address? I only see the codeplex discussions address.

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:35

Maybe you could email the source to me?

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I sent you a private message containing my emailadress.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Have sent to your personal address – hope it comes through ok.

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:39

I sent you a private message containing my emailadress.

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

still haven't got an email from you with the code. Could you post it to dropbox or something like that?

Aug 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

This is really crazy, I have sent it through to: [email removed] . I will upload it and send you a link shortly.

Regards,

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:48

still haven't got an email from you with the code. Could you post it to dropbox or something like that?

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I have uploaded the file to: http://sdrv.ms/MYP7ZX

Can you let me know if you get it ok?

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 12:48

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Thanx I got it

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Thanks I got it working now, one question I only have a grey layout for the tabs how can I change that?

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

That’s pretty easy either by modifying the UI CSS file included (although this will also mean changing the images) but the best method is using the jQuery theme roller at http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/ .

Regards,

Steve

Sent: 01 August 2012 14:28

Thanks I got it working now, one question I only have a grey layout for the tabs how can I change that?

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I have a problem with the ribbon, when I put a library in a tab and i click that library the ribbon of the library isn't shown, how can i fix that?

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Hi pino 2012, any chance you can post the *.wsp solutions for the Converted to 2010 tab webpart? Thanks in advance!

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Hi, 

Can anyone send me the source for SP2010 please ?

Regards.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM

http://www.2shared.com/file/m0PUMkhP/JquerySolutions.html

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Hi

I am able to add the tabs but not able to configure the list/library to the Tab. Can some one help how you did this?

Thanks
Raj

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Hi,

You should be able to apply a lvwp to a tab by editing the web part and setting its properties. What problem are you experiencing?

Regards,

Steve

Sent: 10 January 2013 16:51

Hi

I am able to add the tabs but not able to configure the list/library to the Tab. Can some one help how you did this?

Thanks
Raj

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Hi,

And which property must i set?

Thanks

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I got the web part added to Sharepoint, but i have done something wrong. Under the "Tabs and Webparts" section where you add the tab names, I only have submit, query, submit, query. The section to name the tabs and add waht is below them is not setup.

Ideas of where i went wrong? i am new to Jquery so its possible that i didn't set it up right.

I have a screen shot if some one could help me out and tell me what i did wrong.

Thanks,

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
pino2012 wrote:
http://www.2shared.com/file/m0PUMkhP/JquerySolutions.html
Hi, This is exactly what I'm looking for. I downloaded the code and was able to compile and run. However, my webparts (that I'm setting in the properties) are not displayed on TABs. I can see tabs separately and webparts separately. I went to the webpart properties and selected the webpart I want and moved it under the tab that I want and clicked OK. I don't see the webparts displayed on the tabs. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
May 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM
HI,

What am I doing wrong? I ran the code and added a tabs but instead tabs I see a bullet list (and below, all of the webparts).

Regards.
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Good Day, It looks like your solution is something that could meet the requirement for my customer. Do you mind sharing the code with me?

Akisha